17 April 2005

Pimp My Ride/Reno Rib Cook-off

Alright, so I've made it a night of reality TV. So now you've got a rap artist playing host to SoCal's surf boys and girls by pimpin' their rides. Yes, everything they do is awesome and they drop some bucks, but think of how they'll get jacked once they mention the word Compton. Once again, I don't think I've ever seen them install a high-dollar security system in a car. On a side note, that dude Ish who does interior design, works like a Queer Eye reject. I mean, some of the work he does is good, but on tonight's show ('86 Toyota minivan) looks like knock-off work. He upholstered his own racing seats, but it looks cheap. Still, the van had an awesome sound system. Oh well, I wish X would come to get my car.

Now I'm watching the Food Channel and seeing how they make ribs. Everything they have done is soooooooo wrong. I do consider myself a barbecue conessieur, especially Texas BBQ. These guys have found it necessary to bathe their already cooked ribs in sauce. If you're that good, you'll cook the sauce onto the ribs and leave it at that. Then have sauce for people to dip their ribs in, but don't force them to be overcome by the flavor of the sauce. That's not selling the meat. Do you know what I mean? I just wish I had the money to buy my own trailer with a huge-ass smoker. I'd show them how it's done. Hmmm, maybe I'll begin accepting investors into my BBQ venture. I'll let you know more when I get more planning done.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?