03 September 2005

El Pollo de Feo

Here’s a new recipe I’m trying out----El Pollo de Feo

Caution:  I am trying to copy a recipe from a restaurant, but I’m not sure how it will turn out, so before making it, I’d wait until I give you the final results.

1 ½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken thigh
3/8 cup of unsalted butter
¾ cup of Sauvignon Blanc (I’m using Sutter Home, but I’m sure any one will work)
2 cloves minced/pressed garlic
1 tablespoon lime juice

Grill to taste and serve over a bed of Mexican rice accompanied with a sauce dish of the white wine, garlic, and butter.  For garnishment, you can use fresh avocado slices, sprigs of cilantro, sliced mango/orange/lime, and a skewer of vegetable alambre.  Although a little unorthodox, I’m serving a Shiraz red wine with it.  A chardonnay would probably go just as well, or a dark beer (bock).

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?